Do you want to choose when and where you work? Do you have 1 day, 4 hours a week or longer to spare?
We are seeking experienced Speech Pathologist committed to work with the older people who have a complex and specialised communication and/or swallowing disorders.
- Variety of work;
- Excellent pay rates;
- Insurances including Workers Compensation and Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- Clinical and Professional Support;
- Subsidised education/training.
- Flexible working hours;
- Various locations – Metro to Rural;
- Varied areas of practice: Residential Aged Care Facilities, Transitional Care Programs, Home and Community Care, Hospital Based Services.
- Tertiary Qualification in Speech Pathology and eligibility for full membership of Speech Pathology Association Australia;
- Current National Police Clearance;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the assessment and treatment of communication and swallowing disorders within the area of specialisation with residents in Aged Care Facilities;
- Highly developed communication skills and proven ability to act as a consultant;
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Aged Care, and Occupational Safety & Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery;
- Own transport;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills & ability to relate to people at all levels;
- Demonstrate effective verbal & written communication skills in the English Language;
- Demonstrate a high level of organisation & time management;
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to people of varying cultural, social and economic backgrounds and people with disabilities;
- Possession of a Current Senior First Aid Certificate;
- Computer literacy skills e.g. Microsoft Office, Icare;
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Accreditation Standards (Aged Care Act 1997) and ACFI;
- Evidence of continual professional development in a relevant clinical area;
- Knowledge of current health industry issues.
If you are interested in finding a new position please contact our Allied Health Manager.