Do you have 1 day, 4 hours a week or longer to spare? Do you want to choose when and where you work?
We are seeking experienced Dietician committed to work with the older people who have a complex and specialised communication and/or swallowing disorders.
- Variety of work;
- Excellent pay rates;
- Insurances including Workers Compensation and Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- Clinical and Professional Support;
- Flexible working hours;
- Subsidised education/training.
- Various locations – Metro to Rural;
- Varied areas of practice: Residential Aged Care Facilities, Transitional Care Programs, Home and Community Care, Hospital Based Services.
- Dietetic qualifications acceptable to the Dieticians Association of Australia (DAA) and eligibility to hold Accredited Practicing Dietician (APD) status;
- Current National Police Clearance within 3 years;
- Highly developed communication skills and proven ability to act as a consultant;
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Aged Care, and Occupational Safety & Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery;
- Proven experience in assessing clients and providing reports, recommendations and interventions with residents in Aged Care Facilities;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills & ability to relate to people at all levels;
- Demonstrate effective verbal & written communication skills in the English Language;
- Demonstrate a high level of organisation and time management;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels;
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to people of varying cultural, social and economic backgrounds and people with disabilities;
- Current driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for commuting or ability to access transport to various sites;
- Understanding of the WA Disability Services Act, Standards and Principles;
- Experience in providing Group Education regarding issues such as, menu development, PEG feeding management, nutrition and wound healing, feeding residents with advanced Dementia, Malnutrition, Weight Management, Diabetes Management and Special Diets;
- Demonstrate experience in assessing people with complex physical and medical needs and providing suitable programmes;
- Possession of a Current Senior First Aid Certificate;
- Computer literacy skills e.g. Microsoft Office, Icare;
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Accreditation Standards (Aged Care Act 1997) and ACFI.
- Evidence of continual professional development in a relevant clinical area;
- Knowledge of current health industry issues.
If you are interested in finding a new position please contact our Allied Health Manager.